Wednesday, February 9, 2011

DAY 7...Sometimes all I have is my...

Sometimes all I have is my....Fill it in.
For the next three days I will talk about the underlying
anger that drives a lot of us of the diaspora...my anger
I will own it, because only in owning it can I hope to control,
and finally overcome it.

Sometimes all I have is my ANGER!





Rage against the night
this dark that stalks my fertile soil
That blithe and warps the budding fruit
and causes it to whither in youth.
Cry out against the subtle dark
that seeps relentlessly inside
and stifles the light,
and strangles hope
and stabs a dream
and pushes dope
It causes us to sleep in our piss,
Lie in our puke,
eat, shit, and die.
It makes us sit in the rocking chair of despair
on the veranda of want
and complain to empty heads
as the Independence parade passes by.
So, who will stand
and who will fight
Open your eyes
and fight the night
Hands to the plow
push with might
Rage, in violent savage waves
and refuse to live in silent graves. 







Sometimes all I have is my anger, 
but I am also searching for my place.
I know this is my time and I am making my way to joy.
I refuse to have my dream deferred.


Thanks for reminding me Langston!

No comments:

Post a Comment