Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Twenty-Eight Days of Black History


EUROPEAN GREED
+


UNTAPPED POTENTIAL
=



WEALTH

Don't try to make it into what it isn't
It was nothing but greedy men and women
Mostly white, but others as well...

 “There are three things that are never satisfied,
   four that never say, ‘Enough!’:
16 the grave, the barren womb,
   land, which is never satisfied with water,
   and fire, which never says, ‘Enough!’
Proverbs 30: 15-16


AFRICA....DAY 1

I cannot actually fathom from where I have come
I cannot truly understand my history
I am cut off from my own reality
drowned in whitewashed comedy
A impressionistic hell 
in Dante's inferno

Nonetheless...I must seek to understand 
I must seek to bridge
To develop my Pride
To live my hope
and drink from the cup.


Enjoy Maya Angelou's AFRICA...



Thus has Day 1 ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment