Sunday, February 20, 2011

DAY 19...The Journey: The Second Coming

INSTIGATING EVENT...


A FLARE_UP...


NOW, HERE WE ARE...

From Africa to South Central or Gibnut Street, Belize City
This is how we came!

I was a ‘crack’ baby
Born after six and a half months
3 lbs 10 ounces
My mother was high
Two days after my birth
I never tasted her milk
I was too busy
Going through withdrawal
On my birthday...
I never knew my father
Some nameless, faceless
Bringer of death
To my hungry mother
My grandmother raised me
She was tired
Tried and tried
She gave up on me
He turned away from me
And I learned to live free
Free of a conscience
Or of an interest in life
I gave in to the call
To the seething angry clamor of me
And I dressed for the part
And my hand spat fire
And a red river flowed wherever I went
Like Moses made the river red
I am a mad, bad
Interminably sad
Black Sambo
Ready to implode
And scatter my guts and dreams
All over this land
I am…
Right beside you.





You can't ask for forgiveness...while it is mine to give and I may choose to give it freely I can't forget. We are not okay. I do not trust you. I am not your friend. We will exist from here in a disquieting truce. A silence burdened with the promise of unresolved things. Things while unmentioned are equally apparent. The elephant in the room that is always present, about which we cannot speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment