Sunday, February 20, 2011

DAY 20...Torn in two

I am a slave...to my past
Since men have always being greedy
and remain greedy still
I am now a slave to my present.
I am at war for my freedom and
like Bob Marley encourages
I must find my Redemption Song
and Sing it!


A TORTURED SLAVE (circa 1890 / A TORTURED MAN (circa 2008)
(don't be deceived ...There is no new thing under the sun)





















To have my being,
actualized,
pensive always
In potent passions.

Bittersweet taste
In action,
Still..
Ambivalent choices
calling
will...

The one within
wants without
In depth of mind
Clouded with doubt

cravings shout
but light restrains
and pain remains

fires burn
and cracks appear
the facade
is in disrepair.

How did this come
into being?

How was I
found at the scene?

In blood and sweat,
and tears and slime,

I was thrust forth
to this life of crime.
 
I got the part
"I want to be ..."

Practiced day
and night 'til three.

Till I knew it well
then I was told

You have too much heat
This part is cold.

My agent
found me
a brand new part
but we
are yet in conflict

He wants God
I want man
Torn in two
and twisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment